- What are your fees?
Individual sessions (45 minutes) are $115/session and couple sessions are $140/session.
- When you do not show up for a scheduled appointment, it creates an unused appointment slot that could have been used for another client. It is very important that you email at least 24 hours in advance to cancel your appointment.
- If for any reason you need to cancel an appointment, please notify me as a soon as possible.
- The first no show will be billed at half the session rate. (no-show is not attending the scheduled session as well as no communication about cancellation within 24 hours.)
- On your second no-show occurrence, there will be a full session charge to your account.
- After three consecutive no-show occurrences, there will no longer be an opportunity to schedule future appointments.
- Do you take insurance?
I do not accept insurance at this time. I do provide services on the Teladoc platform if insurance payment is preferred.
I use Ivy Pay for billing. The service works simply: You provide a phone number that receives texts, which I enter into the app along with a charge for the session fee.
Ivy Pay texts you a secure link leading to a page where you enter your credit card information and approve the first charge. Once your card information is on file there is no need to enter card information for future sessions unless you change your payment type. You are welcome to use HSA or FSA cards for payment.
- Do you work with couples and individuals?
Absolutely! I have worked with a wide variety of clients ages 13 and up with a range of issues and feel comfortable working with diverse backgrounds.
- What if I can’t do weekly sessions?
Part of my job is meeting the client where they are, including being mindful of limitations due to scheduling and finances. It is important for me to operate ethically. I will generally recommend starting with weekly or biweekly sessions for most individuals. This gives us adequate time to work on goals and building the therapeutic relationship which is essential for success. Scheduling and frequency of our sessions can be discussed during our first meeting and we will figure out something that works for everyone!
- Do you offer in-person services?
I only offer telehealth services via phone or Zoom at this time. I operate on CST (Central Time Zone).
- Is therapy private?
Yes. Any communication between client and therapist is confidential and will not be discussed with anyone without written permission. Exceptions include: when someone is in danger of hurting themselves or others as defined by MO state law, or abuse of a vulnerable population (child and elder abuse, etc.). If you have any concerns about privacy related to your sexual or gender identity/orientation, your confidentiality is honored and prioritized throughout the entire therapy process. Once we begin working together you will receive an informed consent document required by the state of Missouri. You will need to review and complete this form and then return it before treatment can begin. You will also be required to submit a photocopy of your ID.
- What if I have a crisis or emergency situation?
The services offered are not formatted for crisis or emergency/urgent mental health care. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department. Therapy services offered outside of an inpatient setting are typically not set up to provide crisis work. If you feel you need to speak sooner than a future scheduled appointment, you can reach out to attempt to schedule. There is no guarantee that the schedule will allow for an additional appointment. Outside of communicating your needs for scheduling there will be no contact between sessions. If you feel contact with a clinician in-between sessions is desired or needed, services provided by Mindful Solutions Behavioral Counseling LLC, is not an appropriate fit for your needs.
- How quickly will you respond if I want to share a concern or update?
Keep in mind communication between sessions is limited to cancellation, scheduling, and rescheduling. Please note that my availability is Monday through Friday. Anything after 5 PM during the week will be responded to the following business day (within 24 hours). Anything sent over the weekend will be responded to the next business day (outside of holidays or predetermined time away. You will be notified if I will be away longer than stated times above.)
- I live in a state other than Missouri. Can I still work with you?
I am licensed to work with clients in the state of Missouri. Please keep in mind that sessions are required to take place in the state of Missouri. Both the clinician as well as the client are required to be in the state at the time of the session.
*If you or someone you know needs mental
health help, text "STRENGTH" to the Crisis
Text Line at 741-741 to be connected to a
certified crisis counselor.*
Contact Mindful Solutions Behavioral Counseling LLC